Hi all! I’m back a week later are you proud? Thanks for the love on the blog so far, I got more views than I anticipated, although I am cringing a bit at the thought of them all being people I know personally. This academic year all my friends (&me!) are turning 18 which is the legal drinking age in the UK. It doesn’t seem real that we are all this old but, well, it is real, and its got me brainstorming gift ideas like mad.
The right thing to add here would probably be something along the lines of gifts not being the focus of the occasion- but regardless we still get frantic and end up buying another body wash and body lotion gift for the 4th year running. So I’ve decided to compile a handy list of 50 gift ideas. They are catered towards teens and adults and most are inexpensive. However, there is variation in price and therefore I hope there is something for everyone!
Stereotypically, the list is more weighted with gifts for girls, we know boys are hard to buy for and I feel that’s more of a fact at this point rather than a struggle.
1) Lush Kitchen- Lush is a classic gift choice however you can find trial products and exclusives if you search ‘Lush Kitchen’.
3) Loungewear- Joggers, slippers, cute pjs, fluffy socks.
4) Phone cases and popsockets- a light up selfie case is a unique but useful idea.
5) Laptop cover/laptop stickers.
6) Cute keyboard cover.
7) A passport holder or novelty float for someone who loves travelling/if you know they have an upcoming holiday.
8) A giant soft toy- although this may not be for everyone.
9) A mug.
10) Buy a plain denim jacket or backpack and some badges. Either stitch them on yourself or let them create their own design.
11) Make them a cake.
12) Sunglasses if Summer is coming up.
13) A scarf if Winter is coming up.
14) Novelty drink markers (they sell some on PrettyLittleThing).
15) For a joint present idea, buy a pillow case and get everyone to draw on and sign it with their name and a message- use washproof pens!
16) An Anklet- a slight change from the traditional gift of a bracelet, however you still can’t go wrong.
17) A balloon- if you’re struggling for a wrapped gift idea, why not bring a balloon to their birthday event, or to give them at work or school.
18) A large badge with their age or birthday message- a small gesture but makes them feel special.
19) Cadbury gift set (look on the Cadbury website).
20) Coffee syrups for coffee lovers.
21) Personalised Yankee Candle.
22) Gifts associated with their star sign- quite basic but astrology fans would love it!
23) Scrapbook- once again not exactly unheard of but an amazing gift for a best friend or sister.
24) If you want something personal but lower key than a scrapbook you could get some photos printed offline. LALALAB do good value polaroid style prints!
25) Beauty Blender- maybe take the plunge for them and buy them the real beauty blender if they haven’t tried it yet. Beauty Blender also have giftsets on their website.
26) Cute pots to store pens or brushes.
27) Car Key cover- perfect for if they’ve recently bought a car, there are boring standard covers on amazon but there’s great websites out there who do the fun sparkly stuff.
28) The biography/autobiography of a celebrity they like!
29) A lightbox (spell out Happy Birthday on it for when they open it too!)
30) Look up the benefits of essential oils- for example lavender scented items are great for people who have trouble sleeping and rosemary can help with arthritis.
31) HP Sprocket (more on the pricey side but well worth it for the right person).
32) Especially if you’re not seeing your friend on the day of their birthday, order a Moonpig/Funky Pigeon card but get it delivered to their house= they won’t expect it! Moonpig and Funky Pigeon also offer additional gifts which you can add to your order too.
33) Gym wear- for example a cute sports bra/leggings set.
34) Touchscreen gloves.
35) A voucher for their favourite restaurant.
36) A voucher to get their makeup done- I think MAC do this?
37) Tealight holder or wax burner.
38) Personalised door mat- if they have their own house/flat.
39) Hollywood style lights- always seeing different designs in Primark/ New Look.
40) A throw to match their room.
41) Sweet dispenser.
42) A cute portable charger (unless they already have one).
43) Find some fancy/tumblr-ey headphones- like the ‘Friends’ headphones everyone had in like 2015- however not necessarily so expensive!
44) False lashes.
45) WHsmith or Waterstones vouchers for book and stationary lovers.
46) Accessories such as belts or a purse.
47) Fake tan- stock them up with their favourite brand!
48) Jewellery holder or earring stand.
49) Fill a hamper with their favourite snacks! (and maybe alcohol)- an inexpensive yet really thoughtful gift.
50) Create them a snapchat filter for their birthday or their party.
Let me know if you use any of the ideas and if you haven’t got any birthdays on the horizon then you can postpone this list for Christmas!
I don’t have any kind of sponsorships, any brands or companies mentioned are purely just personal recommendations.